I developed the game Venator for a class project with three other team members. We worked together to brainstorm the entire concept of the game and came up with many different ideas. We created a group chat to enable communication between the team members and as a group we narrowed down the different design ideas down to one. We assigned tasks, tracked progress. The group chat also helped foster team collaboration, and monitor specific changes from a member's Git commit. In the end, the team demonstrated a playable game to the class that included a title screen, weapon selection screen, a single stage full of enemies, and a boss at the end.
My role in this project was designing and developing the weapons and creating abstract classes for enemies to derive from. In addition, I helped with debugging many glitches that we found as we played our own game.
My team members were: Raman Mandavia, Cail Umbaugh, William Walrond
I have created several Java mods for Minecraft Java Edition with the most popular being world generation focused. From a bee-filled dimension to flating wacky layers of the world to complete utter chaos of mixing everything in minecraft together, my mods have pushed the bounds of world generation. Together, all my mods have accumulated 9+ million downloads on CurseForge website here:
While working on my open sourced mods over the course of months on end, I also have helped other modders with getting the hang of world generation and debugging strange issues. By linking my repositories on Github, it makes it easier for people to see how to add new features to their mod while also providing me feedback on my own code:
In a group project for my Game Design & Development II class, we created a Unity game in the span of a month starting from a basic design document to a working prototype. Our semi-horror game is based on the Dresden Files universe novel. The character in the game is a fairy whose goal is to clean up Dresden's apartment of trash while avoiding his murderous cat. While the final product is very rough around the edges, our group was successful in working together to make sure tasks were done on time and worked according to the design. Development of the game was completed successfully with everyone assisting each other when they needed help. Below is a link to an executable of our project.
My role in this project was working on integrating A* pathfinding code from https://www.arongranberg.com/astar to make the cat wander around the apartment and chase the player properly. I also developed a section of the UX/UI. When my teammates had issues with some of their code such as the cat's field of view or player mechanics, I eagerly stepped in to help debug the issue. In the end, we have a working product.
My team members were: Nick Rasmussen, Berkley Knowles, Kyler McQuillan, Ryan Beach
Inspired by Super Monkey Ball, our team decided to create a similar game in C++ and OpenGL for our Data Structures & Algorithms for Games & Simulation II class. Here, we utilize an octree to optimize collision checking while also writing physics code from scratch. Even though we had to make everything and had a ton of workload, we managed to get a playable game in just a bit over a month. With more time, we would be able to debug and fix some bugs with the collision code, implement rolling animation for the character's ball, and many other improvements. Attached below is a zip file of the game. Run the executable in the folder to start the game.
My biggest roles in this project was creating the octree for collision optimization, add camera tracking so it follows behind the player, worked on the stage tilting for movement, and assisted teammates when we ran into issues with our physics code.
My team members were: Berkley Knowles, Weston Marshall, Ryan Beach
Started as a semester-long project for Casual Game Development class, me and three others students created a 2D casual puzzle game called Blob-Blob Game. Much of my work was on creating a grid-system backend to control movement and element placing, behavior of many puzzle elements, and helping to keep the team organized and knocking off tasks that needs to be done. We had a working small game at the end of the semester but as a group, our team decided to keep working on the game throughout the Summer to polish it up some more, add new stages, and release it on itch.io website.
Link to play the game:
My team members were: Nik Barbero, James Feng, Benjamin Lincourt